23 August 2019

2019 London Semester Begins!!!


Meet my new friend Gus!  He is a pigeon I will be taking around London.  He deflected from the flock and is working for me now!  You'll see more of him.  Pretty talented guy.


Gus and I in Covent Garden playing a duet on the piano.

And singing!
 By the way...the students arrive tomorrow.  Tonight Harry Peacock and I went to see The Book of Mormon!  It was Harry's first time seeing it and it was a whole new cast since I saw it in July. They were great!!!!

Here is a preview of some of the shows we are seeing this semester for my Theatre in London Class and Page to Stage Class.  The first show is As You Like It at the Globe Theatre.


Then Night of the Iguana by Tennessee Williams. Great cast!

In addition to taking a tour of the National Theatre we will be seeing three plays there.  One in each of their theatres.



At the Royal Court Theatre we will be seeing Caryl Churchill's new play Glass. Kill. Bluebeard. Imp.

At the Duke of York Theatre.

The Appropriate at the Donmar Warehouse

Blood Wedding at The Young Vic

Sir Ian McKellen's one man show at The Harold Pinter Theatre

Michael Bartlett's adaptation of Gorky's Vassa at The Almeida

The RSC's gender swapped Taming of the Shrew

And in the train Vaults at Waterloo David Hare's The Permanent Way.

Stay tune for more shows and pictures of our first week in London.  I am off to bed.  Need to get up at 6 am to start meeting students as they arrive!

THAT'S ALL FOLKS

No comments: