04 September 2008

My First Few Days

Well I arrived on Monday and have taken a couple of days to settle into my flat! It is a pretty nice flat in a great neighborhood. Very convenient. Finally, I am over jet lag, and I went out and about today. Went to the National Theatre and Yound Vic to purchase plays and then went to see Josh Hartnett in a staged production of Rain Man based on the film with Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman. It was a preview performance, and I heard from one of the actors that they went through two directors and had to delay the opening for 10 days. Tomorrow night I am going to see Joan Rivers with Jonathan Kennedy. He had an extra ticket so it is a freebee! The students arrive on Saturday and at 5pm we are going to meet D.W. Gregory, the playwright of Radium Girls. More on that later. I was watching the British TV show Antique Roadshow and someone brought in a watch from WWI era that was painted with raduim paint. They actually spent some time talking about the girls who worked in the factory and ended up getting cancer. Weird moment! The weather has been pretty cool here. Not hot at all. I brought too many short sleeve shirts!!!

Ta Ta

Gary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great way to start your trip! Can't wait to hear more.